A Professionally Monitored Birmingham Flood Detector Warns You To Water Before Excessive Damage Occurs
Frozen pipes, cracked windows, backed up sump pumps -- these are all problems that can cause costly water damage within your home. In many cases, these are the soggy or damp difficulties that you discover after the damage has already been done. Even a dripping water line or running toilet can create major concerns if not addressed quickly.
However, when you add a Birmingham monitored flood detector to your home security system, you can identify leaking or pooling water before you have an all-out crisis. The easy-to-install wireless system notifies you to the first signs of water with a high-decibel siren and a communication to your cell phone. Your 24-7 ADT technicians will also contact you when the flood detector is activated.
Why Use A Monitored Flood Detector In Birmingham?
You never expect to walk down the stairs to see that the lower floor of your home is now the local swimming pool. Luckily, a Birmingham flood detector can recognize water problems before you get thousands of dollars in water damage. Here’s how it works:
- Sensitive reed switch water sensor: The smart sensor is designed to identify dripping or standing water instead of humidity -- so it's safe to use in the bathroom, laundry room, or other steamy places.
- Place anywhere in your home thanks to wireless connection: Smart sensors offer wireless connectivity and a long battery life of 4 years. So, feel free to place them next to water lines, near appliances, behind toilets or any location where water damage may occur.
- Phone alerts when you're not home: Freezing pipes or intense storms seem to always happen when you're away from home. If your Birmingham flood detector finds a water issue, it will deliver an instant notification to your phone.
- 24-7 monitoring provides another layer of protection: In addition to a high-decibel alarm and phone notifications, your flood detector will notify your 24-hour ADT station. Your monitoring technicians will quickly contact you and provide the assistance you need.
Your Mobile App Makes Your Birmingham Flood Detector Part Of Your Quick Emergency Response
Response times are critical when excessive water is detected in your home. By using the ADT smartphone app, you have the ability to mobilize your home’s automation and make things easier when maintenance arrives. Using these systems is helpful when you’re at the property, but vital when you’re not there. With a monitored Birmingham flood detector you have the ability to:
- Get a notification on your mobile device when flowing water is detected.
- Open doors from wherever you are and turn off alarm systems for emergency assistance.
- Adjust heat on your thermostat to stop further pipe freezing.
- Check HD feeds from your camera system to find points of entry and evaluate remediation needs.
- Stay in constant communication with your monitoring professionals.
Your Advanced Home Security With Flood Detection Starts With A Free Quote
Flood detectors and additional home safety devices are all part of a comprehensive security implementation through Secure24 Alarm Systems. When you reach out to our experts, we’ll guide you to the best solution to fit your needs. Just call (205) 203-0526 today or send in the online form to request your no-obligation free estimate.