If you’re similar to a lot of residents, you want your property to be secure at all times. but, do home security systems work in Birmingham?
The easy answer: affirmative. But you have to choose the best components and services to find the most from your system. Not only do the alarms and sensors bring superior protection, the modern equipment has a level of efficiency and control you may not have thought possible. By getting automation, video surveillance, and remote access through a smartphone app, you can create a secure smart home.
Let's take a minute and explore why a home security system from Secure24 Alarm Systems is a good plan for your home.
Essential Security Features
To ensure your Birmingham home security system works to its potential, you’ll want these necessary home security components:
- Window and door sensors: You may find this surprising, but most thieves break into your home through your front door. The other two most common entry points are backyard doors and lower-level windows. For these stats, window and door sensors are considered the foundation of your security system. When the alarm is activated and your sensors are triggered, the loud, high-decibel alarm siren will sound and your round-the-clock monitoring professionals will be notified.
- Touchscreen central hub: Get rid of those hard-to-work number pads, as easy-to-use touch screens now run your system. These touch screens will also manage your automation, home security cameras, and monitoring services.
- Mobile security app: The topmost home security system let you direct every part of your home security through a smartphone app. Now if device triggers, you have the option to receive an instant notification to your phone. Also, arm and disarm your alarms remotely, program smart locks, lower the thermostat and more.
- Security yard signs and window decals: While there is no tech in a small, blue yard sign or a window decal, these will warn a would-be intruder that your house is secure.
Can A Security System Really Protect Your House In Birmingham?
While it may feel like an exaggeration to install alarms and set-up a smartphone app when you already use deadbolts and reside in a secure neighborhood, studies say that home security systems will still guard your house. For example, a study from Rutger University concludes that most intruders will actively avoid properties with a home security system installed. Instead they’ll go and hit an easier home that is left unprotected.
That meshes with statistics from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their research states that most burglarized homes don’t have a home security system. In other words, unprotected homes are 300% more likely to be vandalized than properties that are protected. And while displaying that your house is protected helps discourage forceful entry, other items -- like smart locks and a doorbell security cameras -- can also boost your security.
Of course, modern security systems can do more than sound an alarm. Now you can use some advanced components that make a home security safe and secure.
24-hour Monitoring Is The Best Backup To Your Alarms
Does a home security system work in Birmingham when they don’t use 24/7 monitoring? Relying on a backup plan is always the best bet and 24/7 monitoring from security agents can ensure the authorities get there quicker after a tripped sensor.
Monitoring professionals are there to watch your alarms all day long -- whether you are there or not. If you’re not on site to hear the siren, the monitoring agents notify you and the authorities after a tripped alarm event. Even when you’re home, you can make sure family members and pets are accounted for and safe.
Use Similar Monitored Services For Fire, Flood, and Medical Emergencies
When you order your home security system, you can install more than motion detectors. components like fire alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, and flood sensors can be added to your overall set-up. If an disaster is detected, your components will trigger just like your security alarms. Then when the loud signal rings, your 24-hour monitoring team are notified, and an alert will come to your mobile device.
Or order a panic button, which is conveniently pinned to you or a family member through a lanyard, bracelet, or clip. If someone you live with is a fall emergency or a serious medical condition, they can simply use a two-finger button to contact the monitoring team.
Get Safety, Convenience And Energy Savings With Home Automation
The best automation devices bring you a level of control and accessibility you’ve never seen before. They will make your house more efficient and intelligent. And when you pair home automation to your security system, they will also make your house much safer. For instance:
- Schedule your smart bulbs to make it seem like your home is inhabited when you’re on vacation.
- Have your inside smart lighting turn on as your security camera senses suspicious motion.
- Use geolocation to lock your smart locks, turn off your lights, and decrease the temperature when you go to work.
- Program custom scenes that can pre-set your lighting levels, thermostat, sensors, and other devices with a single hit of a button.
- Or simply see the status of all your alarms and cameras and set your devices with your security app.
Plus, think of the energy you’ll save with home automation, and you’ll realize how much you need a state-of-the-art home security system in Birmingham. You will also be able to manage your system with your voice when you connect your home security system to your favorite smart speaker.
Keep A View On Your Property With Smart Cameras
Signs, decals, and proper lighting are effective home invasion deterrents, but video surveillance may take your security to another level. The last thing a burglar is looking for is to be taped on a video feed as the clip may be used against them in a criminal case. You can install indoor, outdoor, and doorbell cameras, and all will give you live feeds 24-hours a day.
Do you need to see what’s the noise you heard in the yard? Would you want to check on the kids after school? Has the package you’ve been waiting for been delivered yet? All you need to do is to pull up the clip from your mobile app. You could also receive alerts on your phone whenever a guest rings the doorbell or your cameras detects abnormal motion. Then speak with who’s there with the two-way talk feature on the camera.
How To Custom-Build Your Security System In Birmingham?
Are you looking for help to create a home security that works in Birmingham? Our home security experts can assist in building the most useful alarms, automation, and video surveillance that can be bundled into one comprehensive package. Contact us directly at (205) 203-0526 or fill out the form below.