Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Birmingham
You realize you have to protect your home. Beyond everything else, it’s where your loved ones live and is where you have all of your valuables. But what is the ideal kind of home secuirty? Whether or not to utilize 24/7 monitoring is one of the chief decisions you must make. Explore the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Birmingham and get a better sense of what’s right for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for round-the-clock monitoring, your home security system bridges to a professional monitoring service that is ready to act at all times. If a door sensor trips or a CO detector starts to sound, your monitoring specialists receive an instant notification. They quickly go to work to verify the alarm and contact the applicable emergency services.
Conversely, an unmonitored system doesn’t include a backup team. You could consider this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if your system is tripped, you must act to get it resolved. This option is the less expensive route, but it also comes with less peace of mind.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Birmingham
Here’s a brief look at the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having a support system in place is always wise. If you are away from home, sleeping, or without your smartphone, your property and its inhabitants will still be protected.
- Quicker response: Monitoring agents are always standing by to help. They’ll respond more quickly to alarms than you can on your own.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security might make you eligible for a homeowners insurance discount.
- Top-of-the-line equipment and smooth integration: By getting hardware, installation, and monitoring from a respected home security expert, you will enjoy a fully integrated system with components that may be superior to what you will find independently.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will pay a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Have to use professional installation: Numerous residents prefer to have the install completed by skilled experts, but some might want to handle it on their own.
- Required to sign a contract: You will usually have to sign a contract as part of your package. This arrangement may be acceptable for most as home security is a service you will want long term.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Birmingham
Here’s a quick overview of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t need to pay a monitoring bill.
- Self-installation: Do-it-yourselfers may think of this as an advantage as they can handle the installation themselves and avoid an added charge. Others will prefer going with a skilled technician.
- More Flexibility: You can install devices when you want - and from different manufacturers. However, you might find assembling into a cohesive system more complex.
- You’re always in charge: There won’t be anyone else monitoring your home’s defense. If something happens, it’s up to you to get support.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What happens when you don’t have your cell phone and don’t get a security alert? This circumstance will generate more stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Requires your full attention: As you are the sole person in control, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you want help during the install, you might have to employ someone else. The installation is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Birmingham
Stay protected 24 hours a day with a monitored home security system in Birmingham from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored system is the ideal option for you. Contact (205) 203-0526 today to speak with our security experts.