Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Birmingham? Normally, you have three significant sectors of the home for camera installations: your main entry, your home’s exterior, and strategic interior positions. While your security installer can advise where to start, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Don’t Forget To Safeguard Your Front Door
Although it may seem crazy that an intruder would make an effort to simply enter through your home’s main entryway, 34% of invasions take place near the front door. You can also count delivery bandits among other dangers to consider. A video doorbell is ideal to manage all of these possibilities with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Doorbell cameras are nice as you can converse with any visitors who come and ring the bell. With the help of your mobile application, like ADT Control, you may answer every ring with 2-way talk and live video and give the impression you’re on site. In the event a person does try to do something criminal, you will have your camera automatically document the event on video and transmit it to your mobile phone with a text message.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Outdoor Surveillance System
Where to place home security cameras around your property is a more challenging task. Thankfully, there are a handful of recommendations to help ensure you’re safeguarded appropriately.
- Corners of your Birmingham house provide a better sightline, letting you see two parts of your property.
- Right under an overhang or directly into a bit of siding or exterior trim are excellent options for security cameras as they will be somewhat hidden by the edge of your house.
- Above your garage, as the garage door is a more enticing access point for invaders than you might believe!
- Over a deck or sliding door -- or any entrance not visible from the street.
For each installation, make sure you prune any brush and branches that might obstruct the camera’s view.
Suggestions To Enjoy The Highest Level of Performance From Your Indoor Cameras
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras inside your property in Birmingham. That same flexibility means you have additional aspects to think about:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: While you’ll want to make sure your windows are down and latched, the sunlight from a window might create a glare and impact the clarity of your surveillance footage. Direct the lens away from direct blasts of sunshine to circumvent this issue.
- Use Your Height Advantage: In the same fashion as a watchtower, a security camera installed in a high place will provide a more panoramic view. Consider putting your cameras at the top of bookshelves or affixed to a corner or ceiling.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your surveillance system won’t have the chance to defend your property if it’s damaged or destroyed. Place your security cameras where children or pets have no ability to tamper with them. You could try mounting or a different method to secure them to be certain they won’t wobble if mistakenly jostled.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The best security camera won’t help you much if there is a houseplant in the way. However, interior decor and plant life may be a perfect way to cloak your security equipment. Just be careful they don’t impede the view!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and other security equipment, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the perfect system for your complete residence -- defending every square foot. Just call (205) 203-0526 or complete the following form to arrange a consultation.